current issue | main page | infotainment | past editions | special events | classifieds...a-l | classifieds...m-z | feedback!

e-mail
Volume 15/Issue 16

email:

From: GWMinHawai@aol.com
Subject: SOUTHERN DECADENCE pic's from '96
Hi, Just ran into your site .... nice job! I have some Pictures from Southern Decadence last year that are pretty good. Let me know, maybe we could make a trade. I have attached a sample. I plan to be attending again this year with a group of us from Hawaii .... really looking foward to it.
-Aloha

From: Lavon Curran lcurran@sentex.net
Subject: gay mardi gras site
Hi, Its people like you that make me feel ashamed to be gay. Your so-called site is the biggest piece of crap that I have seen on the net. It's too bad there was not a way to rid the Net of people like you and your bunch of cohorts. You are like a lot of other people who are interested in only one thing; to take advantage of the gay community. You charge too much for the services you provide and you give back crap. Do yourself and the Gay community a favour and get off the Net. it would be a better place without people like you.
-Lavon Curran- A nobody from the Land of the Maple Leaf ( Where honesty is just not a word.)

To: cosima cosima@twinoaks.com
Subject: Re: looking for info
>Hello! >My name is Valerie Renwick and I live in Virginia. I belong to an >alternative organization, and we recently received a phone call from the >Homosexual Information Centre (listed on your resource list) wanting >more information from us. Do you have any >further information about the nature of this group? I feel hesitant to >send them information not knowing their group. (their name has a kind of >a right-wing sound to me) Any information you can send me (their focus, >political agenda etc) would be much appreciated. I can be reached at > >Thanks very much in advance! >In cooperation, > Valerie Renwick

Dear Valerie, We think that the group is very legitimate. They've been around for a long time, out of Shreveport, LA. They are trying to document EVERYTHING in the gay world . Answer them. What can you lose? Cordially,
-George Patterson, www.ambush mag.com

From: Babelcom@aol.com
Subject: urgent request
Hi there, I'm putting together the New Orleans chapter of HarperCollins Publishers' forthcoming ACCESS GAY AND LESBIAN USA travel guidebook, and need to find out as soon as possible if there is a general-information number for SOUTHERN DECADENCE that tourists can call. I look forward to hearing from you. Best, -David Appell, Editor PS: If you happen to have on hand the phone numbers for AIDSWalk and Pride information, I'd be most grateful.
Thanks!

From: D aussieboy23@geocities.com
Subject: hey... I need some assistance...
I love the site and what information that you have... so, is this mainly scheduled around the parade? (that is the way that I understand it ... ) are there any other "SCHEDULED" events that I or my group of 30-40 should know about? -Dallas W. Henson, II

From: dawood dawood@icepr.com
Subject: Penpals online page
Dear Sirs, I congratulate you on the quality and scope of your service. I use daily and am highly satisfied with it. The purpose of this letter is to let you know that there seems to be a problem with todays page. The bar with the sliding block to the right of the screen in windows doesn't show up and it is impossible, at least to me, to scroll the lastest additions. Could you fix the problem or contact someone who could? Sincerely, -Dawood@icepr.com

From: Donaldtony@aol.com
Subject: gayeuro.com
Hi... just stumbled onto your site. Will you be adding info for Spain any time soon? Also, about encouraging people to download Internet Explorer, you don't really want Microsoft to control *everything*, do you? That's pretty frightening! Thanks for the fun site.

From: "September wallace" septembe@merlin.ebicom.net
To: info@ambushpublishing.com
Subject: Hello
I am trying to find out if there is a Metropolitian Community Church In New Orleans? If so will you please let me know how to get in touch with the church. I would like to know where it is located and the telephone number if I can. However I would like to know where I can go to meet other Gays and Lesbians, without doing the bar seen. Please E-Mail me at september@merlin.ebicom.net. Thank You!
-September Wallace

From: EQCastle@aol.com
Subject: Letter to the Editor
Recently Ambush Magazine published a letter from an individual purporting to be a retired medical doctor, The doctor's comments regarding the composition of the transgendered were given an air of credibility based on the "M.D." after the individual's name. However, as an active and practicing member of the transgendered community, I found the information outdated, slanted by the writee's prejudice, and I could not help but issue a prayer of thanks that this individual, if he or she was, in fact, a physician, is retired. As an individual closely associated with mental healthcare, I have always used as a measure of qualification of therapists is "would I allow that person to treat a loved one?" In this case, the answer would be a loud, resounding NO! However, our alleged physician did reveal one grain of truth-one that even the Human Rights Campaign(HRC) will not address-The writer revealed that the Human Rights Campaign is involved solely in homosexual rights struggles. For many years how, HRC has conned the gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual or the "straight" communities that they are a HUMAN rights organization. For years HRC has importuned all segments of society for funds to support their efforts as a HUMAN rights organization. Now that the transgendered and bisexual communities are asking for a place at the table, after supporting HRC with funds and efforts, HRC decries that we are detrimental to the passage of ENDA and they are, AFTER ALL, a homosexual rights organization and their mission statement does not allow for the inclusion of transgenders.

Thank you Doctor. You are the only person brave enough to admit HRC is strictly a homosexual rights organization. Even Elizabeth Birch, HRC's Director, will not be that brave.

As for me, I am happy with who and what I am. Can our dear doctor say the same?
-Elaine Quinn, Transgenderist

From: Seeddel@aol.com
Subject: Becky
Becky: Can you e-mail me a list of gay oriented hotels in the french quarter? Please include the address and phone #. OR if you know of a website that will give me the same info. Thanks
-Larry

From: LMms9O9535@aol.com
Subject: french market toll free number
I am interested in ordering some all purpose Creole & Cajun seasoning. Please send toll free number. Thanks,
-Barb

To: JWE3@aol.com
From: info@ambushpublishing.com (Rip Naquin)
Subject: Re: Southern Decadence
>We'll be in the Big Easy for our first Southern Decadence this year! Are >there parties that we will need to purchase tickets for beforehand? Sounds >like my kind of party!!!!

Everything will be available upon arrival. Admission charges usually only apply at dance clubs after 9pm and at events such as Mr./Ms. Louisiana Leather Contest, or Petronius' "Boys in the Band" play dedicated to the weekend. Many believe Southern Decadence has become Gay Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Enjoy our city!
-Rip Naquin-Delain, Webmaster, southerndecadence.com

From: sarahchristian@interoz.com
Subject: source of early Christianity and Christian monuments
Just a short note to tell you about a Christian resource you might not have noticed. The Egyptian Ministry of Tourism's Official Site at http://interoz.com/egypt/ has a large section covering very early Christian monuments and history sections on the early Christian movement. ST. Catherine's Monastery is particularly interesting, with pictures of Mt. Sinai and several ancient chapels, along with the Burning Bush chapel said to be located on the site of Moses' burning bush. In addition, there is a new section which is still under construction, but expanding, under Special Editions in the annuities section which specifically covers the Christian history in Egypt (along with the less specific information covered in the The Roman and Byzantine Periods under the history section). I think you will find the site worth your time.
-Sarah

From: Sheneedaiq@aol.com
Subject: Say Hi!
Hey Guys, It's me, Brian Schlosser. Just wanted to drop a line to say hello. Miss you guys in NOLA. E-mail me. I'll be back to visit before December I think. See Ya
-Brian

From: glassart@iAmerica.net
Subject: your website
AWESOME site! I couldn't make it to New Orleans this year, but your pics were a welcome consolation! Thanks!

Subject: Guest Book
To: webmaster@gayamerica.com
name: peter
email: iwantu@hotmail.com
home: derry/londonderry/ireland
find us: by surfing the web

name: Charles Bartlett
email: chavbart@flash.net
home: Dallas, TX 75219
find us: by surfing the web

name: bill
email: ezoninme@aol.com home: nashville,tn
find us: by word of mouth

current issue | main page | infotainment | past editions | special events | classifieds...a-l | classifieds...m-z | feedback!

Get it NOW for the best view!
Free Explorer!

The AMBUSH onLINE Conglomerate...Over 1 MILLION *hpm
gay america | gayEURO | gay bars | gay mardi gras | southern decadence
"A" list | gaa | triple "C" | rainbow award
ambush mag 2000 | becky allen tour | crescent city | gay new orleans | gulf south orgs
*hits per month
web rates | site stats

Copyright © 1997 Ambush, Inc. All Rights Reserved ®
THE WEB TEAM:
Rip Naquin-Delain | Sonny Cleveland | George Patterson

828-A Bourbon Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116-3137 USA
PH 504.522.8047 FAX 504.522.0907
OUTSIDE LOUISIANA 1.800.876.1484