current issue | main page | infotainment | past editions | special events | classifieds...a-l | classifieds...m-z | feedback!

e-mail
Volume 15/Issue 24

email:

Subject: pride fest
i had the pleasure to be in your city, from l.a., and volunteer for the PrideFest. I had a great time and met some interesting people. your city's food can't be beat. Here's to honoring diversity

To: gpatter340@linknet.net
From: keaser michael mkeasel @gl.umbc.edu
Subject: Research Study (fwd)
Hello, My name is Michael Keaser, and I am a McNair Scholar undergraduate student at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). I am currently working with Dr. Lisa Lottes of UMBC's Sociology Department on a study regarding the aspect of how coming out of the closet effects the psychology well-being of gay men.
In 1974, Martin S. Weinberg and Colin J. Williams published a book, "Male Homosexuals: Their Problems and Adaptions", in which the results of a survey they distributed to gay men were reported. Weinberg and Williams had asked gay men to describe aspects of their psychological well-being and social and job situations.
Our present study has a questionnaire that includes many of the Weinberg and Williams' items as well as some questions that we added ourselves. We are currently looking for subjects who be willing to participate in our study. On the cover letter of the questionnaire, we ask that participants do NOT put any form of identification on the questionnaire packet so we can ensure that subject responses will remain anonymous and confidential.
I was inquiring to see if you knew of gay men who would be willing to participate in our study. We can send out several questionnaires to your location. My McNair Scholar program will pay for all postage costs. If not, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please refer me to someone or some organizations (email addresses, if possible) that could be of assistance to our research study. I would like to thank you for our time. Sincerely,
-Michael L. Keaser

From: ChaseM3690@aol.com
Subject: Great Informative Site
On November 22 - 26 I'll be in New Orleans for my first visit. I can't believe all the information I've found on your pages to set myself up for an enjoyable experience. I realize the standard travel rags and pages could provide me with information on what one typically sees in your city, but let's face it, I'm out for a lot more fun than a quick tour of a museum or a boat ride would provide. It sounds as though I'd best prepare to stay up non-stop for several days. Again, thanks.
-Chase, Email: Chase3690@aol.com

From: XngnAtl@aol.com
To: info@ambushpublishing.com
Subject: HALLOWEEN
had a great time at oz sunday evening halloween weekend. what is the name of the dj that was spinning sunday, nov 2 between 8 and 12. the music was incredible. is there ANY way that i can purchase tapes from that night??
-dave naphas, 646 mcgill place, atlanta, ga 30312, xngnatl@aol.com

From: Ernest Tullis softwareplus@earthlink.net
To: info@ambushpublishing.com
Subject: what bothers me!
That the gays that end up with aids die by their own choice! These ads of men seeking men,they know NOTHING about the people they solicit! How many partners they have had in the past? If they have HIV or not? It's the practice you do not being gay is what leeds to you getting aids:(The anal sex as I am sure you already know rip up the insides of the rectum and open the way for all manner od diseases! Fisting does excatly the same! Golden showers again as you well know HIV and the AIDS virus has been found in Urine,Sweat,Tears,Siliva etc...It is doubtful that if a gay man has aids, he will be honest enough to tell his partners! Please consider what I have said and live a very long and happy life:) You mention Gaynet? they too take this far too lightly! Not only that but on the opening screen,they show and brag about the most Erotic pictures on the net? They have no security what so ever and even a 12 year old could get in by just saying they are of age to access? THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Peace!

From: Norman Mackend mackend@dsuper.net
Subject: Re: RainbowAward
Hi! I'm honoured to have been chosen as recipient of the November Rainbow Award. I'll add your logo and link to my front page tomorrow-I'm just waiting to remove my Rememberance Day poppy first. (Nov. 11 is Rem. Day.) Many thanks!
-Norm, Blond Males
P.S. For males there is no "e" in blond ... heh, heh! (Bet you didn't know that!)

From: RevDl@aol.com
Subject: re: UFMCC's Rainbow Award!
Thanks to the Rainbow Award committee for selecting ufmcc.com for a November Rainbow Award!
I've checked out all the other winners... wow! ... it's really an honor to be included with such outstanding sites. I'll be posting the award info and logo on our site today. Thanks again!
-David Farrell, webmanager, ufmcc.com

From: Norman Mackend
To: George Patterson
Hi George , Okay-the Remembrance Day logo/link has now been removed, and the Rainbow logo/link has been installed on my index page: http://www.biondmales.com
And again, my sincere thanks and appreciation for having been given the Rainbow Award for Nov, '97. My best to you,
-Norm, Blond Males

From: CaptAlby@aol.com
Subject: Re: royal Street messages
I am curious to know if THE GOLDEN LANTERN BAR at Barracks & Royal Streets is still a popular and frequented place after the passing of the owner, Danny Wilson? Is the VERDI MART at Gov. Nichols and Royal still in business? I am planning a trip back to Nouvelle Orleans after a 20 year absence. I plan to be in town for the NEW YEAR. I am assuming that LaFitte's is just as it was. Dirty and decadent. I was in N.O. when health issues were not deadly. Any information WILL BE APPRECIATED. Thanks
-CAPTALBY@AOL.COM

From: GOPUPGO@aol.com
To: becky@gayneworleans.com
Subject: New Orleans
Hi! Thanks for the tour of N.O. When is the best time to be there? Marti graw I assume? When is that? Where is a safe place to stay? Oh my goosh! The questions! the questions! Ahhh...If you would, I really would appreciate all the low down you can throw my way! Please oh' please

From: "Brandon T. Willis" btw@COMMUNIQUE.NET
To: becky@gayneworleans.COM
Subject: How You doing Baby!
I was looking up...and the ball and all and found a couple of articles and then I decided to look up your name and this is how I found you. I'm working at Tony Mandina's where the ball and all is playing right now. I work with Sandy and Dane getting everything organized every night before each show. I really enjoy working with everyone in the play and now I have started to get the acting bug. My only regret is that I haven't got the chance to work with you yet. Who knows, some day I might. I feel like I kind of know you already from conversations with Roy Haylock. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and tell you how great I think you are.
-Brandon

Subject: Guest Book
name: George Prince
email: superflous@webtv.net
home: Butt, MT USA
find us: by word of mouth

name: matt
description: i really enjoyed the page, i come to new orleans every week on thursday usually because i am off. i am thinking about moving there . any suggestions on places to live?
email: meshaboy3
home: biloxi ms usa
find us: by word of mouth

From: Debby57393@aol.com
Subject: Can you help me
Dear friend, Can you help me? My name is Debby and I am dedicated to helping people who suffer from Depression, Alcoholism, ADD/ADHD, Stress, Obesity or Hypertension? Most people are more susceptible to these problems because of a deficiency of a certain chemical in their brain. It's not their fault. There is a proven patented product that has been used in over 700 American hospitals, clinics, and drug and alcohol treatment centers for the past ll yrs with great success. This product was given to pilots flying missions in Operation Desert Storm to relieve stress and increase their mental clarity with great success. If you would like more information on this product, please email me at Rstrl23@seanet.com and feel free to leave any questions you may have. Sincerely,
-Debby

name: MasterGeo
email: mastergeo@aol.com
home: New Orleans, Louisiana U.S.A.
find us: by surfing the web

name: SANDY
description: NEW ORLEANS IS THE MOST AWSOME PLACE ON THE PLANET! I'M FROM LOUISIANA SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I'VE SPENT MANY COOL NIGHTS AT RUBYFRUIT! SAW MELISSA ETHERIDGE THERE JUST HANGIN'.
email: NAPLESLIMO@AOL.COM
home: NAPLES,FLORIDA U.S.A.
find us: by surfing the web

name: JOHN W. REED
email: JOHNREED@webtv.net home: HONOLULU/HAWAII/USA
find us: by surfing the web

From: Bare4bear2@webtv.net (Steve Hales)
Subject: what a drag you R!!
Hello from all of your cyber fans! Scarlett sends her love! She's coming to a cyber corner near you...real soon!

From: Lvlatinboy@aol.com
To: info@ambushpublishing.com
Subject: OZ MUSIC 11-2-97
I WAS AT OZ ON 11-2-97. COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET A COPY OF THE MUSIC FROM THAT NIGHT . IT WAS FAB!!!!!!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS,
-JAMES

current issue | main page | infotainment | past editions | special events | classifieds...a-l | classifieds...m-z | feedback!

Get it NOW for the best view!
Free Explorer!

The AMBUSH onLINE Conglomerate...Over 1 MILLION *hpm
gay america | gayEURO | gay bars | gay mardi gras | southern decadence
"A" list | gaa | triple "C" | rainbow award
ambush mag 2000 |